Scripture a day...Keeps the devil away!

January 15, 2016
 
This morning let me remind you of this...THE STREETS ARE WATCHING...
 
We have become a mean people.
People treat each other anyway you choose.  When you walk with God your actions and your ways should become God like and God is a God of mercy, grace, and forgiveness.
 
If God treated you, the way you treat folks...you'd be in trouble!
It does not matter how young, how old, what color, what race, your position/title, your status, your wealth, your beauty, your weight, your anything- WE ARE ALL CHILDREN OF THE MOST HIGH GOD.
 
John 13:34-35 NLT
34 So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. 35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.”

Our world knows no order. The fear of God has faded because so many have chosen their own gods. The bible tells us that this would happen, though we haven't seen anything yet. We are living in a time where YOUR ACTIONS speaks volumes to who your are, what you believe in, how you operate, and who you serve.

If I meet you on the subway, and you tell me you are a Christian, I will know in 5 mins what type of Christian you really are. If you are cussing, complaining, pushing folks and fighting for a seat...mmhmmm I will know immediately what type of Christian you are.
 
In the scripture above, Jesus says, "YOUR LOVE... WILL PROVE to the world..."
 
We have to prove to the world that we are TRUE DEFENDERS of The Cross.
We start by treating others the way we want to be treated.  We start dealing with others with the same compassion and love that God deals with us.
 
Why do we say we love God so much yet we treat each other like crap? As soon as you say something to me that I don't like. As soon as you cross me. It is on!
We gossip, we back bite, we condemn, we tear down, we instigate, we run from what is right, we rebuke in anger, we can't forgive, we are stingy, we are too tired and too busy to lend a hand aka lazy, we judge, we withhold grace, mercy, & love. It is always about what WE WANT. While all along God is sitting on his throne watching our foolish behavior and the world mocks Christians. How can we expect the world to take us serious when we don't take the Word of God seriously?
 
But, when the tables turn; as soon as we are down and out-we are on our knees begging God, for his love, his grace, his mercy, his forgiveness, his riches, his glory, his non-judgment, his righteousness, his help, his time, his counseling, his wisdom, his ear, HIM!
 
It is time out for the wishy-washiness! If you love God then show it!
No need to preach about all the people I've helped in this world...so what!
My hope is, if you are in my presence for 5 mins you would notice something different about me... that Glory is with me! 
 
As a disciple of Jesus Christ we ought to: show love, walk in love, speak in love, give love, and serve with love. Carrying your bible around and quoting scriptures means what? That you memorized the verses. Amen. Good for you. This dying world needs more than that. The streets are watching you, looking at what separates you from them. Show the world why you are different. Let your actions show who you are. Show you can quote the scriptures but most important- YOU LIVE ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES!
 
Show the streets that your love for Christ is not a fly by night love or a how I feel today love. Show them that in God-YOU are a SURE THING. Give people a reason to talk good in such a bad world. IT IS YOUR SEASON TO PROVE THAT YOU ARE WHO YOU SAY YOU ARE especially in such a time as this.
 
1 Cor. 13: 1-3 NLT

1 If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.

13 Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.

 
 
Have a great day,
B-

No comments:

Post a Comment