Deuces to Distractions!

Hey All,


This is a snippet from a poem I wrote: 

But it is you who has prepared a table before me
in the very presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil; my cup overflows.
I see your Glory; I am the one you choose
I’m hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, 
but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed
Through suffering, my body continues to share in the death of Jesus Christ
For my life and my soul he has paid the highest price
Living under constant danger of death because of who I serve
Darkness has taken over but the King of Kings has reserved
My spot, my name, it is written in the lamb’s book of life
I must press on; won’t give in-can’t end up like Lot’s wife.

I recently had a situation turn into a nightmare! It always sucks to get into confrontations especially with people you love. God has a way of clearing things up and teaching us while doing so.

1st Cor.13 NLT: Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

People will hurt you. This we know. People will say the worse things about you, this we know. People will lie, accuse, even hate you, this we know. It is never a good feeling when this is happening to you. However, do you know what does feel good? It is a good feeling when you can abide in peace and trust who you serve while chaos surrounds you. 

Roms. 12:19: Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.

We always want to get back at those who hurt us. We always want to have the last say. We have to be the person who is right.  I get it...trust but, revenge is nothing other than a distraction. 

One of the greatest weapons we possess when emotions are running deep is...SILENCE.  We have to learn how to force ourselves to get quiet and seek God when we get in our feelings.

Matthew 27:12-14: But when the leading priests and the elders made their accusations against him, Jesus remained silent.“Don’t you hear all these charges they are bringing against you?” Pilate demanded. But Jesus made no response to any of the charges, much to the governor’s surprise.

Society has planted seeds in us that God wants to remove. We have been taught to attack when attacked. We can't have others thinking we are weak, punks, guilty, etc. We must stand up for ourselves!

Then a mighty roar rose from the crowd, and with one voice they shouted, “Kill him,..Pilate argued with them, because he wanted to release Jesus. But they kept shouting, “Crucify him! Crucify him!”

God says, forgive and move forward. We like to hold on to things. We always feel the need to remind others of what they have done to us, instead of move on in forgiveness.

34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they don’t know what they are doing.”

Jesus knew what was ahead of him. He felt the ultimate betrayal. These very people that he taught, helped, healed, fed, etc. wanting to kill him for absolutely nothing. He did not hold records..."okay, he threw a rock, he stabbed me with a sphere, he slapped me, she spit on me,...mhhmmm after I do this thing for God, they gonna get theirs." He could have but he did not remind folks of what they did to him. No. He forgave them and prayed. He found a way to give all the hurt, confusion, and pain to God. Even before he died he made sure his heart was acceptable to God. He chose to not be angry but instead be free. That is amazing to me...I'm saying it out loud, "I choose not to be angry but be free in Christ ,my Lord."

Imagine how proud God is when we can truly get calm in the midst of a tornado. When we can keep our mouths shut, forgive, and pray while others are coming against us. It's takes a strong and mature Christian to do this.

And, on the 3rd day he did what? ROSE! The enemy cannot keep you down!

1Cor.15:4: He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said.

God has a way of putting you in your rightful place when you put him in his rightful place. The Devil will always slither in with lies, accusations, false witness, etc. especially when God has you on a road to your destiny, your victory. The enemy always uses those that are closest to you; to distract you and flog you when you are almost there.

Luke 10:9 NKJV: Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Getting all worked up for a war that you should not even be fighting. Save your energy for the real war. When distractions come-rebuke em' and keep moving forward. We have come too far to get caught up now! We are almost there and no demon in Hell will be able to stop God from showering us with what he has promised.

Let them talk! Stay Focus! Think of Jesus Christ! Live by his example. He showed us how it is done, so let's do the dang on thing! Our names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life!
Luke 10:20: rejoice because your names are written in heaven.

It is time for us to RISE and REPRESENT Jesus Christ! Especially when the enemy is trying to sneak in!

Deuces to Distractions! You wit' me?!

Enjoy your day.

Baya...that Godly Diva!

1 comment: