2014 the year of the...COME UP!

Hello!!!!!!

How are you?! It's been a while, I know.  Long time no blog/speak...well, let me just start by saying, "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" 2013 was one of the weirdest years of my life! In the beginning of the year I was battling with fear of losing my home. By the middle of the year, I was the most busiest I've ever been because our company employed close to 30 people! Let me say that again, I was scared of losing my home, then all of a sudden almost 30 people working for me! When I think of it I am still in shock...that is just crazy...Nooooo, that is GOD!

I thank God that he is an ALL OF A SUDDEN GOD.
All of a sudden things changed! Circumstances changed. The atmosphere change. My Life changed! During my time off, I was like a roller coaster. Battling, Praising, Crying, Worshipping, Fighting, Trusting, Being Angry & Frustrated, and Hoping. Through all of my emotions and heartaches, God had been watching, just waiting (now thinking back-I thought he was waiting for the perfect timing but, he was actually waiting on me! Yikes!). There were days where I found myself lower than I have ever been in my whole entire life. All of a sudden things changed.

Even as I type this, remembering the snot sessions and the many tears, the swollen eyes, the attitude, and the guilt...I somehow remember that before I closed my eyes to go to sleep each night I still professed my love to God. No matter how horrible I felt spiritually, mentally, and physically I often coughed up enough strength to say, "Today sucked but, I still love you God."
God honored what was in my heart. God honored my persistence. Outside looking in, I was ashamed of my behavior, my attitude, my thoughts, unlike God mood swings, etc. God saw what was inside of me (him!). After each blow, bloody and all-I would not get out of the ring. Demonic forces tried to drive me out of the ring but they were no match for he who was inside of me. 1 John 4:4

The Lord spoke to my spirit last year saying, "This is the year of the impossible for my people."
When the daily routines of life became impossible for me...hold on- when it became impossible for me to even consider the next 5 mins of life! It was then God said, "Now I can move." Luke 18:27 ESV: “What is impossible with men is possible with God.” The moment I got out of God's way. The moment I could no longer try to figure out how I was going to get my life back to the way it was, God was able to take me to the next chapter. Hebrews 12:2  Humbling myself, I begin to remember that it was in my weakness that I would become whole. God was deprogramming me from the world's way of thinking and from the world's timing. Though I am saved and filled with his spirit, by living in the world I didn't realize that things of the world had deposited into my spirit. God wanted me to erase the plans I had mapped out for my life but, I just couldn't let go of them. I just kept trying to make them come to be.  Proverbs 19:21 ESV: Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand.  It wasn't that my plans would not glorify God, it was that years ago I made a vow to God..."Lord, not my will but your will be done." My plans had too much of my will instead of his will.  The same way we expect God to keep his vows and promises to us we ought to keep our vows and promises to him! Living in the world, we've developed the need to have a plan.  In today's culture if you do not have a plan chances are you will go nowhere and go there fast! It's okay to have goals and dreams but God has to put the stamp on it. “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” -Isaiah 55:8 NIV

The moment God start trying to switch things up in our lives, we want to complain. We grow fearful. The moment he shake the waters we start entertaining & listening to ungodly voices speaking doubt, confusion, and fear. The moment we lose something we love; something we take pride in, something or someone we have grown close to, etc. we are ready to act a fool, rebel, fret, pout, never considering that if God is removing it, if God is shaking things up, if God is rearranging things, it must be time for: the next phase, the next stage, the next level, the next movement....THE COME UP!

There was a point in 2013, that I had found my self like Joseph-in a pit. The darkest and deepest hole I'd ever fallen in to. I spent a lot of time in that pit solely because I chose not to praise and trust God. Instead, I allowed the demon that was assigned to torment me, make me feel as if I were a victim. Self Pit is what I named the hole because that is exactly what it was and where I had put myself. Rather than finding myself content in what God was doing in my life, I found myself feeling angry and sad about it! At times I would cry uncontrollably and in the next breath be thinking to myself, "why am I crying?" That vexation demon would then feed me something else to cry about (usually bringing thoughts/events from my past-which was such an attack because we know that if we really sit and think about our past and who we use to be, what God has brought us from...it would actually cause us to praise him!) and I would eat it up. My momma don't love me, I'm all alone, no one understands me, why is this happening to me, I have no life, no one cares....me me me me whaaaa whaaa whaaa. Some good news from being in the pit is, remembering and realizing how much I truly needed God. Not giving up, and being restored by him little by little rekindled my love for him. I fell in love with God again. Funny how all the things that I was trying to hold on to, wasn't trying to hold on to me! Funny how all the things I just had to do, actually never got done and yet no one died (how about that?) All the possessions that once mattered so much, didn't mean too much then (prized possessions & materials items looked the same in the dark-black). Funny how being in a pit confirms the revelation of God's will being the best for us. In all of his sovereignty, God uses our pit to not only humble us but to line us up for the Come Up! From the Pit to the Palace! We all know the story of Joseph. Why is that? Why Pit then Palace? Once we step into the palace and see the richly décor, extravagant attire, festive foods, and experience all the privileges of living a royal life, we are humble enough to receive it. We find ourselves being thankful to be in such a place of splendor rather than feeling as if we deserve to be there. Once the gates close and we're in, we know that no matter how much royalty surround us, we remember the first stop was the pit. When you have spent enough time in the dark, there is a deeper welcoming and respect for the Light. 1 John 1:5- God is light...

I find that it is when you are feeling low in life, when you feel that you have gone in way too deep, that God has purposed his COME UP for you! God offers the broken hearted a place of newness, peace, blessings, and increase (not just financial but, in all areas of your life!). 

The Lord spoke into my spirit that 2014 will be the year of the COME UP.
After what he did in 2013, I can't even imagine what he has planned for me this year (and I don't want to know! ...Give us this day our daily bread...I learned to do that in the pit! lol No more getting ahead of God!)


I am excited! However, I am more excited for the 2014 Come Up movement within the Body!

2 Chronicles 7:14 NLT -
Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.

This can be the year of personal restoration in your life. You may have been feeling as if you've been in the same spot year after year or as if you are going down; further and deeper into the hole/pit.

Come up out of darkness! Come up out of the pit! Come up out of the world's way of living, Come up out of self, Come up out of old habits & addictions, Come up out of your past, Come up out of your way of doing things, Come up out of the world's prosperity, Come up out of that unmarried bed! Come up out of the streets & drug life! Come up out of the bars & clubs! Come up out of the life that you've grown use to living!

Right now, God is offering you his will for you to COME UP. He has said that HE WILL HEAR YOU and that he will RESTORE (reestablish) your land.

2014 is the year of the Come Up!
God wants to upgrade his people. Why don't you let him Upgrade you?!

Baya


No comments:

Post a Comment