El Roi-The God who sees

Good Morning Love,

Exodus 3:7 KJV: And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people... and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;

God sees where you are. God sees our hang-ups, miss-ups, and screw-ups yet, he loves us with mercy. He sees our sufferings and in his timing he will bring it to an end. Sometimes it feels as if God is not concerned but, He is. We need to always remember:The Deliverer will deliver!

One of my favorite biblical examples of God seeing is found in the story of Abram and Sarai.
Remember Hagar? She was Sarai's maid whom got pregnant by Abraham with the consent of his wife, Sarai. The bible tells us that Sarai and Hagar became unbenefited with each other. It got so bad between them that Hagar decided to get away from Sarai.

Genesis 16:6: So Abram said to Sarai, “Indeed your maid is in your hand; do to her as you please.” And when Sarai dealt harshly with her, she fled from her presence.

How many times has the fires of life gotten so hot that you could no longer stand the heat?
Things became so tough, situations became so rough, circumstances became so harsh that you just wanted to run from it all. God sees it all. Sometime in the midst of trial you may need to take a step back to look at things from afar. The good thing is, God understands that. It was when Hagar fled, that the angel of the Lord appeared to her with encouragement and instruction. God met her in her hopelessness, her tiredness, and in her sin (breaking the law by escaping from her master).

Genesis 16:9&13-14 NKJV:The Angel of the Lord said to her, “Return to your mistress, and submit yourself under her hand.” 10 Then the Angel of the Lord said to her, “I will multiply...
13 Then she called the name of the Lord who spoke to her, You-Are-the-God-Who-Sees; 14 Therefore the well was called Beer Lahai Roi;

Notice the instruction God gives her. Return and Submit.
In order to submit, you have to repent. You have to accept that God has your steps ordered and even when you try to get off course, his love meets you and directs you back to the right path. Hagar was the only one in the bible (to my knowledge) that named God. In her desperation, she saw God. Something wonderful had happened in the midst of her suffering because God sees.

"Yes, I can see that life is hard for you. Yes I see how badly you are being treated. Yes I see that you are looked upon as foolish and incompetent. I see that you have no where to go. I see that others talk harshly about your character because of your sin. I see your tears. Yes, I see and I understand however, I am completing a work in you. I need you to humble yourself and get back in the fire. This is required for the multiplication that is about to spring forth in your life. Do as I say, you shall not be burned."

Isaiah 43:2 KJV:when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Enjoy your day,
Baya...that Godly Diva


 


No comments:

Post a Comment