Me, a sinner?YIKES!

Good Morning Love,

If you could see me now it would not be a pretty sight.  Red swollen eyes, snot nasal drip...not diva like at all.  This morning during my worshipping God, the Holy Spirit led me to this scripture:

Isaiah 59:9-12 NLT- So there is no justice among us, and we know nothing about right living. We look for light but find only darkness. We look for bright skies but walk in gloom.10 We grope like the blind along a wall, feeling our way like people without eyes. Even at brightest noontime, we stumble as though it were dark. Among the living, we are like the dead.11 We growl like hungry bears; we moan like mournful doves. We look for justice, but it never comes. We look for rescue, but it is far away from us.12 For our sins are piled up before God and testify against us.

So at this point, I'm like, "Say Whaaa? Surely this can't be for me.  It must be for his people. Do you want me to send this out as today's Word Lord?" And then the Holy Spirit unctioned me to pray in the spirit. And as I prayed the tears just begin to flow. Then I found myself repenting. I began to repent for the words of death that I had spoken over so many. The Lord begin to bring to my remembrance some of the words that I had spoke out of anger, hurt, pain, sadness, disbelief, jokingly, fear, and from gossip. Stuff from yesterday and stuff from years ago. I could not believe some of the things that has come from my mouth. It made me sad and even as I am typing this I am moved to tears because I know that I was created to encourage and to lead others to the cross. To know that I have torn down and made the cross look like a joke, saddens my heart. Joyce Myers had once said something that I carry in my heart always.  She said, "For as many people that you speak life into (if you are not careful) you can also take life from." I always try to be mindful of that yet somewhere down the line I missed the mark. We all know the scripture in Proverbs 18:21 Msg-Words kill, words give life; they’re either poison or fruit—you choose. Obviously I choose fruit.  You see this is the thing that really got me. Did you notice that I underlined the last sentence in Isaiah 59. For our sins are piled up before God and they testify against us! That's crazy. Just like you, I am human. I mess up everyday.  I need his blood, his grace, and yes his mercy every single day. What the Lord showed me was, it was like I was getting away.  Let's say I had an argument in which I was heated and I said something negative about the other person's character. During a heated session, I may not have thought to repent or denounce what I just spoke. Or how about this, I'm talking to someone who may not have the revelation about God the way I do, and they tell a worldly joke (with cussing) and I get my laugh on. God clearly knows that the joke teller just does not have the revelation of corrupt talk but he looks at me and says..."She knows better." So what happened is years of serving God, years of trying to live a righteous life, years of giving, none of that stuff changes the fact that throughout the course of my life those non fruit bearing words that I had spoken, that I never asked for forgiveness for, has piled up against me and now when I go into God's presence I'm covered in sin. My God.Yes, I am shaking my head. God does not rebuke us to make us feel lousy about ourselves. He rebukes us so that we can learn, grow, and become better people.
Isaiah 59:1-2 NLT-Listen! The Lord’s arm is not too weak to save you, nor is his ear too deaf to hear you call.2 It’s your sins that have cut you off from God. Because of your sins, he has turned away and will not listen anymore.

I thank God for the opportunity to get it right. I can't speak for anyone other than me but, I NEED HIM TO LISTEN TO ME when I pray, when I worship, when I remind him that I love him.  I encourage you to use my example to search your own hearts and make sure your sin/sins are not testifying to God. It's okay to realize that you may have fallen short of his Glory, it offers the opportunity to RISE with Christ. None of us is without fault-cut and dry. The thing that God may have given you a get out of jail free card last time, may not be available this go round. Turn from sin, repent, and accept his forgiveness to move forward.  There is good news found at the end Isaiah 59-“The Redeemer will come to Jerusalem to buy back those in Israel who have turned from their sins,”says the Lord.

Isaiah 58 :8-9 NLT:“Then your salvation will come like the dawn, and your wounds will quickly heal. Your godliness will lead you forward, and the glory of the Lord will protect you from behind.
9 Then when you call, the Lord will answer.‘Yes, I am here,’ he will quickly reply.

I just love God.

Enjoy your day.
Baya... STILL that Godly Diva lol "HEYyyyyy!"
#Reals Divas REPENT then put pink lip gloss on#

2 comments:

  1. Amen!!!!!! Good Teaching!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!! Thank God for his Holy Spirit!! So happy you enjoyed it!

      Delete