Scripture a day...Keeps the Devil away!


January 22, 2016

 
God is not a Lollipop God.  He does not hand you a tootsie pop, allow you to get a couple sucks then snatch it away! Nothing God gives (even the sweet stuff) should cause you to go crazy for/over it. Walk with me people...I'm going somewhere. lol
 
One of the greatest life lesson's I ever learned was last year. Becoming successful is very stressful!  How can you experience stress from God's blessing?  That's what I thought!  Anytime God enlarges your territory, your leadership, your status, your role, your finances, etc. it comes with a price.
 
Last year, I experienced such an increase in my life. The increase so great, I remember praying that God would STOP increasing me!  So many lessons learned from that season.  Just like with a tootsie pop, you want to unwrap the pop and get straight to the chocolate located in the middle. Are we prepared for the chocolate or do we need to lick our way to the middle?!
 
First, let me just say this...when my child has done something good, has worked hard, etc. I may feel the urge to reward him/her.  But just like God, I'm not going to hand one of my children a lollipop and allow my child to suck away then suddenly snatch it away! God is not that way. I would take it away if I noticed the child was making a mess, doing the wrong things with it (rubbing it all over the place, etc.), trying to prematurely bite which could damage his/her teeth (anxious not showing patience for the best part), or if I seen that my child had a little too much of the sweet. 

Before all: Make sure you are in a position to receive the reward!

Proverbs 6:6 NLT
Take a lesson from the ants, you lazybones. Learn from their ways and become wise!
 
1)Blessings require work!
 
Luke 12:48 NLT
When someone has been given much, much will be required in return; and when someone has been entrusted with much, even more will be required.

2) When God pours out blessings it should not overtake you. The one who gives it to you is faithful to teach you how to manage the blessings with his help.
 
1 Corinthians 10:13 NLT
The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand.
 
James 1:5-8 MSG 5-8 If you don’t know what you’re doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You’ll get his help, and won’t be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought.

3) God's blessings teaches us to be prepared.

Matthew 24:42 KJV
...be ye therefore always prepared.

Matthew 25 1:13NLT
25 “Then the Kingdom of Heaven will be like ten bridesmaids who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish, and five were wise. 3 The five who were foolish didn’t take enough olive oil for their lamps, 4 but the other five were wise enough to take along extra oil. 5 When the bridegroom was delayed, they all became drowsy and fell asleep.6 “At midnight they were roused by the shout, ‘Look, the bridegroom is coming! Come out and meet him!’
7 “All the bridesmaids got up and prepared their lamps. 8 Then the five foolish ones asked the others, ‘Please give us some of your oil because our lamps are going out.’
9 “But the others replied, ‘We don’t have enough for all of us. Go to a shop and buy some for yourselves.’
10 “But while they were gone to buy oil, the bridegroom came. Then those who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast, and the door was locked. 11 Later, when the other five bridesmaids returned, they stood outside, calling, ‘Lord! Lord! Open the door for us!’
12 “But he called back, ‘Believe me, I don’t know you!’
13 “So you, too, must keep watch! For you do not know the day or hour of my return.

4)  God sometime shows us that we are not as ready as we think and that even with  blessings we need him! 
 
2 Corinthians 12:8-13
Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. 9 Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me...For when I am weak, then I am strong.

James 3:4 MSG
You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.


5) God's timing for the blessings in our lives is EVERYTHING!

Be content today where you are. Don't rush what God has for you. He knows all that he has in store for you.  He has not forgotten you or his promises for/to you.

Peter 3:8 NLT
But you must not forget this one thing, dear friends: A day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day. The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed.

Side note: Too much of anything can destroy you...yes even money!

Acts 1:7 NLT
The Father alone has the authority to set those dates and times, and they are not for you to know.

Lamentations 3:26 NLT
So it is good to wait quietly...

Galatians 4:4 NLT
But when the right time came, God sent his Son...

When the TIMES COMES...HE will send exactly what you have been praying for.The increase will come when he knows you are prepared to keep it.

6) Released blessings at God's appointed time is well worth the wait!

Ecclesiastes 3:11 NLT
Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time.

Psalm 128:2...How joyful and prosperous you will be!

Question: Sooooo...how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Philippians 4:6 NLT
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition…


Answer: I'll let you know when I get there.

 
 
 









 
 






 
 
 

 
 


 
 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment