You can't hold me down

Good Morning Love,

 "He can trip you up but he can never hold you down."

None of us is without sin.  None of us is perfect.  We do not always make the best choices, do the right things, say the right things, or react the correct way but when you truly love God, he truly loves you.

Roms 8:38 NLT

38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.  39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I am happy to be a woman that tries hard to please God.  I have a lot of growing to do, learning to do but I am content today with who I am in him.  It has not always been this way.  I had three children out of wedlock.  For so many years, I thought my struggle was with the spirit of fornication but it was not.  I was not out having sex and enjoying it.  My sin, was actually serving a false god!  I had made my children's father my god.  I worshiped him, I exalted him, I needed him, I wanted him, I loved him, and I would do anything to please him...even when it meant hurting the true living God.  It was truly a battle for me.  When I think back, I truly loved God but I also loved my other god.

I am sharing this with you because I want you to understand how understanding God is.  He understood why I felt the way I felt.  Who would not want their family to be whole?  God has a way at looking at our hearts.  He did not judge me the way I judged myself.  He knew that I loved him.  He also knew that I had a dream of getting married to this particular man and raising our children together as a family.  It was a prayer that I was determined to have answered with or without God’s help.

1 Sam. 16:7 NLT
The LORD does not look at the things people look at.  People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.

When I look back at that season of my life, if there is one thing that I have learned that was how to truly trust and rely on God.  I learned the importance and love in repentance.  I also learned that when God says, "No" it is not always a bad thing.  His plan are so much more bigger than we can imagine.

Ps 51:7-17 NLT
Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.  10 Create in me a clean heart, O God.  Renew a loyal spirit within me.  Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
and make me willing to obey you.  13 Then I will teach your ways to rebels,
and they will return to you.  14 Forgive me for shedding blood, O God who saves; then I will joyfully sing of your forgiveness.  15 Unseal my lips, O Lord, that my mouth may praise you.
  16 You do not desire a sacrifice, or I would offer one.  You do not want a burnt offering.
17 The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit.  You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God.


It does not matter what you have done; repent, love God even more, and move forward.  Messing up helped me to grow up!  Repenting and having a repentance heart opened up doors that I never thought would open for my children and me.  The love of God brings conviction & correction to our mess-ups.  The love of this world brings condemnation & confusion to our mess-ups.

Roms 8:1-2 NLT
8 So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. 2 And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.

Now happily married to a loving husband with awesome children ...let me say this one more time to you, "He can trip you up, but he can never hold you down."

Greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world.-1 John 4:4
 
Repent, Move forward, Trust God, and Love Jesus even more!

Baya

No comments:

Post a Comment